World Class Policing Awards - nominations now closing 24 July 2020
The World Class Policing Awards nominations have been extended to 24 July 2020 and Australian and New Zealand Police are invited to nominate their projects now.
This year’s awards see the introduction of Platinum, Gold, Silver and Bronze Globe Awards for the overall winners of the World Class Policing 2020. A Special Category Commendation Awards will also recognise world class performance in specific aspects such as use of technology, training and development, collaboration and police welfare.
The inaugural 2019 World Class Policing Awards were a great success with 54 finalists selected from over 120 entries. Both Queensland Police Service (QPS) and New Zealand Police won awards with 2019, with QPS’ Tactical First Aid Project helping to save lives and increase survival rates for those affected by traumatic injury. New Zealand Police’s Mobility Programme equipped officers with smartphones and develop apps, and produced online resources that maximised the benefits of mobile working.
QPS also received a commendation for a partnership with Griffith University that reduced alcohol-related harms through police engagement in night-time entertainment areas on the Gold Coast.
What are the World Class Policing Awards?
Modern policing is about small- and large-scale collaboration. The World Class Policing Awards recognise exceptional policing regardless of whether it has been achieved by a team from a single force, a collaboration between forces, or a partnership between a force and other agencies in public, commercial or academic sectors.
The World Class Policing Awards 2020:
- Recognises examples of ‘world class’ policing
- Celebrates excellence in policing, both in the United Kingdom and around the world.
- Encourages modern, progressive, collaborative and effective policing.
- Showcases individual, team and organisational achievement and success.
- Promotes sharing and delivery of innovation and good practice.
Examples of nominations may include:
- Victim support including improvements in identification of vulnerability.
- New system/technology implementation.
- Outstanding or complex investigations.
- Operations delivering difference.
- Projects driving change.
- Crime prevention reducing harm in communities (real or virtual).
- Business change to tackle new and emerging offences.
- Training and development in a changing world.
- Employee and officer welfare building sustainable policing.
Nominations will be shortlisted for recognition at a prestigious awards ceremony in November 2020 in the UK.
Making a nomination
Nominations are welcome from police and third-party organisations and partners. All nominations will require the endorsement of the chief constable, commissioner or head of a lead police force or agency to be considered by the judging panel.
To enter the World Class Policing Awards 2020 please go to www.WorldClassPolicing.com, or contact firstname.lastname@example.org. Entries close 24 July 2020.