The Everyday Commitment is an accountable, expandable, measurable and visible representation of an Engender Change advocates dedication to changing actions and attitudes toward women in the forensic community. Taking this commitment demonstrates a personal desire to lead meaningful action to achieve culture transformation.
Everyday Commitment Statement:
This is my Everyday Commitment Statement:
- I commit to ensure my actions and language are consistent with promoting diversity and inclusion in the forensic science community.
- I commit to be a role model for others and to leverage my influence in the broader community to promote diversity and inclusions ideals.
- I will actively champion the role of women in forensic leadership and increase the visibility of their contributions.
- I commit to use appropriate language and use my voice to question others when they do not.
- I commit to act to foster others and to promote an inclusive community.
- I commit to challenging gender stereotypes.
- I commit to act on language and behaviours that negatively impact on achieving and maintaining a diverse and inclusive forensic community.
- I will focus on the issues of diversity and inclusion, bring them front of mind for myself and others.
- I will be vigilant and will not accept excuses.
I pledge to make my Everyday Commitment known, to be visible, measurable and accountable in my commitment and to encourage others to join.
Becoming an Engender Change Advocate
Individuals wishing to join the program will take the Everyday Commitment pledge virtually with an ANZPAA NIFS representative. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule a time to join the Engender Change program. Better yet, discuss with your ANZFEC member how you can organise for a group of like-minded colleagues to take the Everyday Commitment Statement as a group within your forensic organisation.