Australian National Crime Prevention Framework13/03/2012 2:27:01 PM
The Australian Institute of Criminology is hosting the new National Crime Prevention Framework on their website.
This framework has been prepared for the Australian and New Zealand Crime Prevention Senior Officers’ Group by the Australian Institute of Criminology and endorsed by the Standing Council for Police and Emergency Management on 11 November 2011.
The framework is designed to:
- support a coordinated approach to addressing crime and safety issues of national importance, including new and emerging crime problems
- promote an improved level of collaboration between crime prevention agencies operating in each jurisdiction
- improve the effectiveness of crime prevention across Australia by promoting principles of good practice and successful strategies
- encourage increased commitment to crime prevention at all levels of government and across different sectors
- assist in guiding the allocation of crime prevention resources to achieve the greatest impact.