ANZPAA PRODUCTS: Development and Review
Undertake a desktop audit of active armed offender training for general duties police, and where relevant, rapid response capability for police, including:
- a comparison of training requirements associated with long arm usage
- implications for jurisdictions who do not currently have a long arms rapid response capability
Cultural diversity and anti-racism:
- Develop cultural diversity and anti-racism principles
- Develop an education and training guideline on cultural diversity and anti-racism/unconscious bias training for police.*
Review the Search and Rescue education and training products (3 products).*
Review the Crash Investigation education and training products and develop an aligned police training package qualification (2 products).*
Review the Cybercrime Protocols.#
ANZPAA-ANZCTC PRODUCT TRANSITION
Manage the transition of agreed ANZCTC police-specific products to ANZPAA and maintain the National Glossary.
Develop a Mental Health Guide that would identify the common mental illnesses through behaviours exhibited with recommendations on appropriate engagement strategies.
Investigate the development of a common policing mental health framework in partnership with agencies.
Examine data storage and retention options (including legislation) and challenges around disclosure for information produced and stored in cyberspace.
Examine regulation and jurisdictional requirements in regards to training and use of drones within policing.
Explore the interface between regulatory infringements and criminal offences, including new crime types in relation to drones.
Examine the feasibility of applying criteria for measuring and monitoring the effectiveness of family violence responses.
Share lessons learnt and effective practice within the family and domestic violence area.
Investigate the inherent skills and qualities required for the future police workforce, including:
- barriers to attracting a diverse workforce to policing as a profession
- approaches to talent management to ensure the development and retention of the best talent.
Examine current surge and capability sharing arrangements and opportunities to support the workforce of the future.
Examine how police could further influence perceptions to support future workforce recruitment and deployment requirements.
Examine current jurisdictional diversity and inclusion strategies, policies and key performance indicators.
* Work undertaken by ANZPAA and reported to ANZCoPP
# Delivery may be delayed until 2019-20, depending on progression of other products and required consultations