ANZPAA is a policing advisory agency that delivers a range of services including:
- co-ordination of joint operational actions in collaboration with jurisdictions
- cross-jurisdictional review
- development and promotion of professional standards
- forensics, science and technology development
- knowledge and information management
- negotiation of common approaches to specific issues
- policy development and strategic analysis and advice
- secretariat services.
ANZPAA is tasked with work from the:
- ANZPAA Board
- Law, Crime and Community Safety Council (LCCSC)
- Senior Officers Group (SOG).